Re: pam_listfile

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 12:43:46PM +0200, Stanisław Findeisen wrote:

> It looks that pam_listfile only allows to restrict *source* user set and
> *not* *target* user set.

That's not true at all.  item=user *is* the target user set.  (Source user
set would be the seldom-used item=ruser.)

> Here's the debian-user discussion:

> Is there any way to do what I want?

As already suggested, sudo does seem to be a better fit for what you're
trying to achieve.

pam_listfile isn't going to give you any reasonable mapping for applicant /
target user *pairs*; you only get "this list of users are allowed access to
this other list of users".

> If I write a patch for pam_listfile, will you accept it to Debian?

No.  It would have to go upstream first; but I'll say that such a patch is
unlikely to be accepted.

> Where is the source code?

I think that's more of a question for debian-user anyway, but:

$ dpkg -S /lib/security/pam_listfile.so
libpam-modules: /lib/security/pam_listfile.so
$ debcheckout libpam-modules
declared bzr repository at nosmart+http://bzr.debian.org/bzr/pkg-pam/debian/sid/
bzr branch nosmart+http://bzr.debian.org/bzr/pkg-pam/debian/sid/ libpam-modules ...
[...]

> Or maybe that should be a new PAM module?

It could be.  But I'm skeptical that such a module would be of widespread
interest.