Re: Re: Qt3 looking for adopters

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Grzegorz Wierzchowski
<gwierzchowski@wp.pl> wrote:
> There is also very impotrant package qcad (and connected qcad-doc and
> partlibrary) which are not on the list of QT3 dependencies.
> This program is to my knowledge the only one usable OSS CAD type progam. I use
> it regularly.

Hello,

I'm the qcad maintainer, just wanted to let people know that there is
a qt4 port of qcad called "LibreCAD" [1,2]. The package is available
as "librecad" in main. We've discussed how to handle qcad in the
future on the debian-science list, and have determined that LibreCAD
is a drop in replacement (with some improvements over) qcad. When the
qt3 libraries are removed, qcad will become a transitional package
that will recommend LibreCAD.

If you can, please try out the librecad package and report bugs or
issues you find. So far Edubuntu ships "LibreCAD" as their default CAD
as of the 11.04 Ubuntu release, and feedback has been great from those
users.

Cheers,
Scott
[1] www.librecad.org