Re: Behaviour of dpkg-source with "3.0 (quilt)" and VCS and automatic patches

Stefano Rivera <stefanor@debian.org> writes:

> Hi Scott (2011.05.31_12:58:05_+0200)
> > This fits my mental model of being a distribution developer. It
> > cleanly separates upstream code from packaging except when I choose
> > to entangle them by applying the patches.
[…]

> That's my model too, and I find v3 works well, combined with
> merge-mode VCS (i.e. containing only /debian).

Yes. I use this, too, and recommend this style to Scott since it does
exactly what he states above as a requirement in his mental model.

--
 \          “It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one |
  `\   trifling exception, is composed of others.” —John Andrew Holmes |