Re: Ikiwiki in Haskell (Was: Semantic change for dpkg triggers?)

On 11-05-30 at 10:47pm, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 30.05.2011, 18:58 +0200 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
> > [dropping d-dpkg@ as recipient]
> >
> > On 11-05-30 at 12:17pm, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > ghc libraries could need [certain kind of dpkg triggers], if any
> > > package depends on such a library being available to be compiled
> > > against at installation time. I don't know if any packages use ghc
> > > libraries like this currently, but I have considered writing one
> > > that does, if I ever found the time to rewrite ikiwiki in haskell.
> >
> > Wauw!
> >
> > You then consider using Pandoc?  That'd be awesome!
>
> wouldn’t that end up being what gitit is now, given that gitit was
> inspired by ikiwiki (or was it?). But the more the merrier of course!

Ikiwiki has no need for notes like this (from the Performance chapter of
gitit):

> If your wiki receives a lot of traffic or contains pages that are slow
> to render, you may want to activate caching.

compiled.  The Ikiwiki compilation process includes some caching
internally, but the file serving process need no caching: Ikiwiki feels
like a wiki but the pages served are completely static!

 - Jonas