Re: Behaviour of dpkg-source with "3.0 (quilt)" and VCS and automatic patches

* Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> [110530 16:42]:
> > That sounds a bit better, but it adds even more magic to dpkg-source.
> > I really miss some way to express: "In this account, do not use magic.
> > If things are not correct and need fixing, tell me what is wrong and
> > abort so I'll never miss it." (Actually I'd prefer it as default and
> > only have it enabled by some options, but a way to globally disable
> > and turn them into hard errors would would be good enough[tm].)
>
> I don't consider "applying/unapplying patches" as magic. :-)

It depends where it happens. If it happens when unpackaging a source
or otherwise getting a packages source directory then it is normal part
of the preparation.

If at some time a tool runs into something obviously wrong (trying to
build a package from the wrong kind of directory), then fixing this
condition falls under "automagic" in my eyes.

	Bernhard R. Link