Re: Synching packaging-dev with Developers' Reference (Re: packaging-dev meta package)

On Mon, 30 May 2011, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> I looked into Debian policy and developers-reference just to be sure.
> Then, I realized that it may be a good idea to make a longer list of
> packages for packaging as long as it is properly maintained together with
> the list in the developers-reference APPENDIX.

I disagree, the appendix of the developers-reference has really grown
somewhat arbitrarily and has not been correctly maintained over time.

The fact that the developers reference is maintained by a group doesn't
make it perfect. And I certainly don't see a compelling reason to require
that this new meta-package be maintained by the editors of the developers
reference.

> A.3.3. yada        (maybe as dh-make|yada)

This alone proves my point. :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer