Re: Alioth status update, take 3

Yaroslav Halchenko, 2011-05-23 22:39:48 -0400 :

> on a related note (although not as critical as restoration of
> git://git.d.o which I expect to impact  thousands:
>
> $> grep git:// /var/lib/apt/lists/debian.lcs.mit.edu_debian_dists_sid_main_source_Sources | wc -l
> 3716
>
> )
>
> where previously available could be now?
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/dep5.mdwn?op=file
>
> both
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/dep/
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/deps/
> seems to be empty
>
> ?
>
> Thanks in advance for clarifications

  Since the same tool (ViewVC) is used both for CVS and Subversion
repositories, and it operates on repository names, a Subversion
repository can be masked by a CVS repository of the same name.  In olden
times, every non-CVS repository had to be created by hand, because the
forge software didn't handle them, so a lot of projects got a CVS
repository even if they never actually used it; so there were lots of
empty CVS repositories, potentially masking Subversion ones.

  I removed those empties, so that problem shouldn't happen anymore.
(I'm offline as I write this email though, so I can't check for the
specific instances you wrote about.)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

...sur un portable, quelque part dans le monde...
...on a laptop, somewhere in the world...