Re: Multiarch bootstrapping

On Sat, 28 May 2011, Luk Claes wrote:
> On 05/28/2011 03:32 PM, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> > On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 14:48, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> wrote:
> >> It seems that the main blocker at the moment is bug #618288 in apt.
> >
> > Fixed in branch for a while, just not yet uploaded. [0]
> >
> > But it can't be a blocker as dpkg doesn't has full support for multiarch
> > in unstable currently - and if you can't install foreign packages its pretty
> > unlikely that you will hit this bug. ;)
>
> Can you please point me to the bug that still needs to be fixed in dpkg
> to be able to install foreign packages?

You can use this branch if you want to test the latest code:
git clone -b pu/multiarch/full git://git.debian.org/~hertzog/dpkg.git

What needs to happen is to merge the branch and for this Guillem must be
happy with it and thus he must review it and ask me to fix whatever he
doesn't like.

But I have been using it without troubles for several months (since end of
february) and it's been deployed in Ubuntu 11.04 where it's working fine
too.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer