.la file status and hint to clear the dependency_libs field

Hi

Just to remember people that one can follow the status of the .la file
dependency_libs clearing goal at Andreas' overview page [1].

A package entry followed by nothing more than a colon (:) means that the
package ships an .la file with a cleared dependency_libs field.
A package entry that contains 'dependency_libs' means that the
dependency_libs field in the .la file still contains references to other
libraries.
A package entry that contains 'depended-on' means that the list of
packages enclosed in brackets '()' have an .la file that contains a
dependency_libs field that references this library. So the .la file in
this package cannot easily be removed as it would break the mentioned
packages.

To ease clearing of the dependency_libs field, I'll mention here a sed
snippit that can be included in the debian/rules file of an affected
package at the end of the install target (aka after the upstream make
invocation has completed):

sed -i "/dependency_libs/ s/'.*'/''/"
"$(CURDIR)/debian/<pkg>/usr/lib/<la-file>"

Comments welcome, but foremost I'd like a mass effort to clear the
remaining dependency_libs fields! :-)

Cheers

Luk

[1] http://release.debian.org/~aba/la/current.txt