Re: 'Alioth' status update

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 11:27:45AM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> The host we knew and loved as alioth.debian.org is no more.
>
> We are now running on two hosts, vasks.debian.org and wagner.debian.org.
>
> The writable SCM repositories are hosted on vasks.debian.org, and DNS
> has been updated to reflect that.  The fingerprints for the two hosts
> are:
>
> 2048 8c:c0:b8:9f:0a:79:ee:1c:77:c4:b8:a1:70:55:b7:31 vasks.debian.org (RSA)
> 2048 36:24:36:e2:99:44:8d:39:e1:d5:36:0b:e4:1d:5d:bd wagner.debian.org (RSA)
>
> This information is also available in signed DNS, and also at
> /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts on any debian system.
>
> Some bits of the infrastructure are still being bolted back together,
> and we expect to send further status updates as they happen.

Dear Alioth admins,

Since we're now out of the time period originally announced as the
service downtime, ("late afternoon (UK time) on Sunday, May 22nd."),
please could you send another update with any ETAs you have for the
restoration of the remaining alioth services? This will help everyone
plan work in the next couple of days.

The biggest downtime that matters to me personally is mailman and the
gitweb interfaces, but I'm sure there are others. Confirmation of
which services are known to be down and planned to be restored would
be welcome all round, I think.

One particular concern I can think of is that mail service
(for lists.alioth.debian.org, and does alioth.debian.org also have
a mail service?) is brought back up soon, because after 4 days we'll
start losing mail queued on remote servers.

Thanks for your work on this!

Dominic.