Re: bug reporting workflow is outdated

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 01:47:22AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > I suggest that we can make an HTTP based bug reporting method.
>
> The only advantage of this would be for systems that firewall outgoing
> mail conections but allow http or have a http proxy but no smarthost.

and that's a pretty big advantage.  requiring that submissions be done
only via SMTP seems a bit silly and self-limiting if you ask me.

HTTP would be able to provide a super-set of the features of SMTP
submission, would not prevent SMTP submission from remaining as an option,
and is more likely to work in diverse environments.

	sean