Re: Conditional Recommends

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
>         Package: A
>         Recommends: A-plugin-B {B}
> APT would be made to install A-plugin-B by default, but only if B is
> installed too. In addition, it would also have to install it while
> pulling B if A is already here.

It would be very nice!

I've noticed many cases where packages recommend a bunch of stuff that,
while it might be very nice for some users, really isn't of general
interest.  E.g., recommending a vim plugin when vim isn't installed
(though of course the result of installing the plugin is that vim ends
up being installed too!)

-Miles

--
Acquaintance, n. A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not
well enough to lend to.