Re: bug reporting workflow is outdated

On Mon, 23 May 2011, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> > The only advantage of this would be for systems that firewall outgoing
> > mail conections but allow http or have a http proxy but no smarthost.
>
> There are a lot of ISPs that do this. My ISP does this so I have to
> send mail via SSH tunnel or webmail.

I often use the -o option of reportbug and scp the file to somewhere I can
send mail.

It would be nice if there was a program that could take the output of
reportbug -o and send it via email.  Using cut/paste wastes a little time.

Another option is to use ssh port redirection to tunnel SMTP over ssh.