Re: Conditional Recommends

On 2011-05-21, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
>       * Does it make any sense at all?=20
>       * Do you think it would be useful?=20

I do think it makes sense and is useful.

>       * If not, what could be done for the aforementioned issues?

I have mostly thought about the 'translation pack' issues, and I guess
it needs some sort of relation in the package.
I was thinking in lines of a new field:
Package: konqueror
Translations: kde-l10n-XX
or
Package: konq-plugins
Translations: konq-plugins-l10n

where apt would substitute XX with configured language codes and try to
install that, and apt in the latter case if configured to pull in
translations, pull in that package.

But maybe I like your more generic approach better.

/Sune