Re: insmod.static

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 01:56:12PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> I received a request to add insmod.static to the module-init-tools
> package, but I do not really like either solution.
> Does anybody have an opinion about this?

Don't. There exists a klibc linked insmod that needs < 100k for the
binary and the interpreter/shared part. Also we have a busybox-static in
the archive that should also support insmod.

This would be wasting one package or lets say 800k on every system just
to please one really specific use case, which can be and is already
solved another way.

Bastian

--
Power is danger.
		-- The Centurion, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2