Re: Additional info about recommended/suggested packages

> In Debian we do this via package descriptions since the
> recommends/suggests are not meant to be human readable information.

The DPM does not mention information about suggested/recommended
packages in the description field [1]. Only "significant dependencies
and conflicts" are named.
This might be the reason why most maintainers do not use the
description for that, in fact I couldn't find any package listing the
recommended packages in the package-description.

> I would suggest filing bugs on any packages you feel could benefit
> from such information in the package description.

Anyway, I'm not sure if that's the way to go:
- it is not up on the users to know what recommends do, the maintainer
  should know first
- the way bugs are fixed might not be clean, since each
  maintainer will use his syntax, providing the users a not uniform way

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/05/msg00701.html

--
eshat cakar
web: www.eshat.de                                gpg-id: 799B 95D5