Re: Debian x86 32-bits built for i586 !?

On Sun, 15 May 2011, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sun, 15 May 2011, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > I'm wondering. Is the project at large aware that we're not building for
> > i486, but for i586 ? That even the maintainer doesn't know why for
>
> No.  And unless we got a bug report form an i486 user, our users
> probably didn't notice it either.

I used Debian on some embedded computers based on this processor:
http://www.vortex86sx.com

cat /proc/cpuinfo reports "486"

But I have not tried Squeeze yet. So it's possible that other users have
not found the problem yet.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer