Re: /run in experimental

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 05:40:13PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 10:23:10AM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > An update on /run:
> >
> > sysvinit/initscripts 2.88dsf-13.4 is now available in experimental.
> > If you haven't tested it yet, now would be a good time before it
> > goes into unstable.  Additionally, if you wish to transition your
> > packages to use /run, it is now OK to upload to experimental with
> > a dependency on initscripts (>= 2.88dsf-13.3).  More information is
> > available here:
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/RunDirectory
> >
> > There is just one known outstanding thing pending, which is switching
> > the use of absolute symlinks to relative (/var/run→/run will be
> > /var/run→../run for example).  This doesn't affect the functionality of
> > the packages though.  It's just a nicety for chroot environments, so
> > you don't get redirected back to the host /run if accessing the chroot
> > from the host.
>
> This issue has been addressed with the upload of
> sysvinit/initscripts 2.88dsf-13.5 to experimental.

With the upload of initramfs-tools (0.99) to unstable, we're now
ready to upload sysvinit 2.88dsf-13.6 to unstable, available at
  http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/sysvinit_2.88dsf-13.6.dsc
if you would like to test it.  I'm just waiting for confirmation
from the maintainers before I NMU it.

Regards,
Roger

--