Re: network-manager as default? No!

Hi there!

On Mon, 02 May 2011 03:03:51 +0200, Fernando Lemos wrote:
> 2011/5/1 Miroslav Suchý <miroslav@suchy.cz>:
>> Dne 3.4.2011 18:08, Fernando Lemos napsal(a):
>>> * It doesn't have a good command-line interface
>> It does have CLI interface. Those commands are bundled directly in
>> NetworkManager:
>> nm-cli
nmcli, without the dash, for I do not know which reason (and I was
missing it because of that).

>> nm-tool
>> nm-online
>> I'm not sure if this qualify as "good command-line interface" :)
> Those tools can't create or delete connections, which is kind of
> important, so no. ;-)

Exactly, I was enjoying the moment when I found out that NM has CLI
interfaces, then discovering that I could not do anything brought me
back to my old loved manual setup (yes, through ifup and wpasupplicant).

> That said, nothing prevents the creation of a decent command-line
> interface. There's cnetworkmanager, which wasn't working the last time
> I checked (API incompatibility with the Debian packages, might have
> been fixed by now). The DBus API is pretty straightforward, I use a
> bunch of scripts to create and delete wireless connections.

FWIW, nmcli is supposed to be the official NM CLI and it superseded

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca