* Marc Haber (mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de) [110501 14:16]:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:48:24 +0200, Andreas Barth
> <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> >Actually, it worked quite well for both volatile and backports to
> >start as a non-official service.
> Agreed for backports, violently disagreed for volatile. Volatile has
> been a source of demotivation and frustration, at least for me, since
> it was taken over by the officials.

Yes. The only thing that didn't work was clamav-data, which I
considered a good use case.

However, looking at the bigger picture, when I started volatile, it
was basically impossible to bring any new "features" into stable like
fixing broken communications when backends changed. All of that is now

I'm really sorry for clamav-data - but at the bigger picture volatile
was still a great success.