On 2011-04-30, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2011, Andreas Barth wrote:
>> People try out new things in experimental, and it seems to work mostly
>> well to get new stuff migrated from there via unstable to testing once
>> the release is done (except that we try to not do too many things in
>> parallel - and things have improved within the recent years).
> No, experimental is not satisfying:
> 1/ packages in experimental are not correctly tested, the userbase is too small.
> 2/ migrating from experimental to unstable requires source uploads and all
>    the rebuildds (with the accompanying delays for slow arches)

So here this is a problem while for frozen you're arguing that we could easily
do sourceful uploads and just wait for the builds to trickle in?

> 3/ experimental is not meant for daily usage, so it's doesn't help users
>    who really want a rolling release

It's not that it isn't meant.  Of course we could also look at overlay
solutions.  (That said, while I'm very happy about mozilla.debian.net, I
somehow still feel that those packages should be added in a co-installable way
into some official suites.  But then you get back to the "we don't support
all architectures yet" department, I presume.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern