On 28/04/11 at 15:04 +0200, Abou Al Montacir wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 13:01 +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:

> > > So your "testing" is essentially the pre-2000 "frozen" distribution [1], and
> > > your "rolling" is basically the current "testing" without the need to freeze?
> > > If that's the case, calling the distributions unstable/testing/frozen/stable
> > > might make everyone less confused :-)
> > >

> > uh… thanks! that's more clear, indeed.
>
> I find this terminology clearer, backward compatible, so +1
>
> Giving a new sense to an already used terminology will always cause
> misunderstood especially on large groups like DD and DU.

Isn't it what we are doing when we consider continuing to use the
"testing" name?

Instead, if would be much more confortable to use two new terms:
"rolling" and "frozen".
- "rolling" for the rolling release (= current "testing" when Debian is
  not in freeze)
- "frozen" for the suite that is created when Debian starts the heavy
  stabilization work that leads to a stable release. (= current
  "testing" when Debian is in freeze)

- Lucas