Re: System users: removing them

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:23:33 +0100, Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.fi> wrote:
>Would a debhelper tool to create/remove system users be useful? I
>suspect there's only relatively few packages that do that, so perhaps
>not.

I had that discussion years ago with Joey and his comments were the
cause that I submitted patches to adduser --system to allow it to be
used in maintainer scripts with as little wrapping code as possible

>I earlier blogged about an "addsysuser" tool[0], but Stephen Gran
>pointed out to me that it's mostly unnecessary scaffolding.

... which is also the cause why I don't understand why an addsysuser
tool were useful. If adduser --system needs any additional code in a
maintainer script, I'd consider that a bug in adduser which should be
filed and addressed.

Greetings
Marc