Re: some suggestions towards a Debian .desktop policy [Was: Warm up discussion about desktop files]

Le jeudi 21 avril 2011 à 01:14 +0200, Kurt Roeckx a écrit :
> I will find it very annoying when it says "music player" in the
> menu without telling me *which* one it is.
>
> But for people looking for a music player, they don't care (yet)
> how it's called, so there probably is also a need have a way
> to display more than just the name of the application.

This is the purpose of the GenericName field. Ideally (and I don’t think
any menu implementation does it correctly), the menu should show the
GenericName if it is unique, and the Name if there are several of the
same kind.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :