Bug#623528: ITP: webdis -- a simple web server providing an HTTP interface to Redis server
Owner: Andriy Senkovych <email@example.com>
* Package name : webdis
Version : 0.1.0
Upstream Author : Nicolas Favre-Felix <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : https://github.com/nicolasff/webdis
* License : BSD
Programming Lang: C
Description : a simple web server providing an HTTP interface to Redis server
A very simple web server providing an HTTP interface to Redis. It uses hiredis,
jansson, libevent, and http-parser.
* GET and POST are supported, as well as PUT for file uploads.
* JSON output by default, optional JSONP parameter (?jsonp=myFunction or ?callback=myFunction).
* Raw Redis 2.0 protocol output with .raw suffix
* BSON support for compact responses and MongoDB compatibility.
* HTTP 1.1 pipelining (70,000 http requests per second on a desktop Linux machine.)
* Multi-threaded server, configurable number of worker threads.
* WebSocket support (Currently using the “hixie-76” specification).
* Connects to Redis using a TCP or UNIX socket.
* Restricted commands by IP range (CIDR subnet + mask) or HTTP Basic Auth, returning 403 errors.
* Possible Redis authentication in the config file.
* Pub/Sub using Transfer-Encoding: chunked, works with JSONP as well. Webdis can be used as a Comet server.
* Drop privileges on startup.
* Custom Content-Type using a pre-defined file extension, or with ?type=some/thing.
* URL-encoded parameters for binary data or slashes. For instance, %2f is decoded as / but not used as a command separator.
* Logs, with a configurable verbosity.
* Cross-origin requests, usable with XMLHttpRequest2 (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing - CORS).
* File upload with PUT.
* With the JSON output, the return value of INFO is parsed and transformed into an object.
* Optional daemonize.