Re: [pkg-fso-maint] [Debian] enlightenment

2011/4/14 Sebastian Reichel <sre@debian.org>:
> Elementary and e17 are currently not installable in sid. I suggest
> to upload the elementary release from experimental to sid and
> update the e17 package to a newer snapshot.
>
> Apart from that it would be nice to get e17 and its dependencies
> into testing now that the libs are supposed to be stable.

I'm missing updated E17 python bindings as well, to get new Zhone in
so that sid is again installable on FreeRunner including phone
functionality. That said, Albin has been all too alone in the pkg-e
team lately from what I've seen :( Would there be any volunteers to
join the pkg-e [1][2]?

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/PkgE

In addition to current packages, there is interesting Samsung funded
EFL/Webkit [3] available, which is needed to build the promising touch
usable Eve browser [4]. These are definitely on my interest list if I
suddenly get gifted all free time I need, but I wanted to share these
findings in case someone would be interested in advancing the touch
usable software in Debian.

[3] http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/EFLWebKit
[4] http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Eve

> @pkg-fso: I will upload a new version of intone when the elementary
> in unstable is fixed.

And likewise for zhone, possibly I could also consider the neon image
viewer which is currently only in pkg-fso repository. I think it's
still the best touch usable image viewer available for Debian phones.

-Timo