Bug#623037: general: Usb flash drive crashes Debian
tags 623037 moreinfo
On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 01:50:01PM -0700, Atanas Atanassov wrote:
> Package: general
> Severity: normal
> Every time when I plug a usb drive Debian crashes. The system mount the drive
> successfully and crashes when I am trying to browse the folder
It could be broken harddware (It is typical for flash drive.)
It could be user configuration issue.
This report is useless as presented, unless you provide us with explicit
information such as:
* under what live Linux CD you can use your usb drive.
* under some older Debian you can use your usb drive.
* what partition table and size is this
* some kernel log found in crashed system.
* did you upgraded system or installed it as fresh?
* what desktop environment is used
* non-GUI mount (after disablng desktop) result
Unless submitter can produce more useful ino, we should close this as
done. BTS is not support help line ....