Re: Default size limits for /run (/var/run) and /run/lock (/var/lock)

I just realized that I misunderstood Roger Leigh's posting and so
my previous message was mostly superfluous.  My apologies.

1. His statement "but you have to mount many more to be able to
break your system" was correct (and can be made more explicit by
adding "... by filling them all").

2. His proposal *was* to reduce the size of all tmpfses (together)
to 50%, as follows:

/run                     10%
/run/shm                 20%
/tmp                     20%
/run/lock, /lib/init/rw  very small

What remains of my previous message are my two questions:

1. Is OOM importantly worse than a full system tmpfs?  I think so
too, but....

2. Even if so, do we have to worry about OOM happening because
*multiple* tmpfses got filled?  We are already safe from OOM if
one tmpfs (whose size is 50% of memory) gets filled.
--
Thomas