Re: Moving bash from essential/required to important?

On ma, 2011-04-04 at 20:32 +0100, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> I happened to have access to a idle-ish fastish machine with a fresh-ish
> Debian mirror, so I wrote a script to unpack all binaries (for sid/main
> amd64), and then another script to grep for bash scripts (actually a
> pair of scripts). With these scripts, I got a list of files that start
> with #!/bin/bash. There are 1783 files in the list, in 543 packages.

I made some changes to the scripts to the scripts:

      * unpack-debian-binaries now handles multiple binary packages from
        he same source package; previously it would use only the
        data.tar.* from one of the binary packages, and this is why
        gzip's scripts in /bin didn't show up (thanks Carsten)
      * isbash now looks for a hashbang that includes bash at all, which
        should cover things like "#!/usr/bin/env bash" and "#!/bin/bash
        -e" (raised in IRC)
      * find-bash-scripts now also searches through the contents of
        control.tar.* (thanks, Luk)

New versions of the scripts attached.

I'm re-running the scripts, which will probably take a few hours, and
will report results when they're done. If you notice any problems with
the scripts, please tell me ASAP.

--
Blog/wiki/website hosting with ikiwiki (free for free software):
http://www.branchable.com/