Re: Old Release goal: Getting rid of unneeded *.la / emptying dependency_libs

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> (04/04/2011):
> I might be mistaken, but I think Steve's meant something more along
> the lines of http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=586082

I guess I could have been more specific, and quoted Steve a bit
further:
| Once that's made its way through the archive, we could consider
| going further and avoid shipping .la files in /usr/lib at all by
| default.

(If /usr/lib was meant to be that directory only and no subdirectory,
I guess I would suggest amending that proposal with some
subdirectories “known to be safe for .la removal”, like /usr/lib/xorg/
and subdirectories below.)

KiBi.