Re: How to add "quilt" to an existing package?

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> writes:

> Note:   The "maint-guide" should add a note, on HOW-TO-ADD  quilt
>         to debian/rules.  I have  done  all  steps  mentioned  on
>         http://wiki.debian.org/UsingQuilt and it was not working.
>         I found the hint in another package which was using quilt
>
>         include /usr/share/quilt/quilt.make
>
>         build-stamp: patch
>                      ^^^^^
>         clean: unpatch
>                ^^^^^^^
>         because without patch/unpatch it wont work.  :-/

That is not need as dpkg already does this for 3.0 (quilt) format.

The only advantage of this double use of quilt is that on clean patches
are poped. Dpkg by default leaves patches applied (which is nicer to
work with). When maintaining sources in an RCS some people find
unapplied patches better and might prefer calling unpatch in clean.

The same effect can also be achieved by putting "unapply-patches" into
debian/source/local-options and avoids problems with unpatch being run
before the upstream $(MAKE) clean.

MfG
        Goswin