Re: mlton any->all package transition breakage
- To: "Wesley W. Terpstra" <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Kurt Roeckx <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: mlton any->all package transition breakage
- From: Peter Palfrader <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 21:58:33 +0200
- Message-id: <20110401195833.GW681@anguilla.noreply.org>
- Mail-followup-to: "Wesley W. Terpstra" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Kurt Roeckx <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <BANLkTim6Sh7rCbz9JXk2+7hD+RgVsGJiiw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <BANLkTim6Sh7rCbz9JXk2+7hD+RgVsGJiiw@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, Wesley W. Terpstra wrote:
> I request the above packages to be installed on these machines:
> albeniz.debian.org alpha 8g y
> abel.debian.org armel 1.5g y
> merulo.debian.org ia64 8g y
> asdfasdf.debian.net kfreebsd-amd64 2g y
> io.debian.net kfreebsd-i386 1.5g y firstname.lastname@example.org
> gabrielli.debian.org mips 1.6g y
> zelenka.debian.org s390 1g y
> smetana.debian.org sparc 2g y
> I am looking for a solution to this build problem for mipsel and powerpc. If
> the old mlton 'any' package (still in squeeze) were re-added to unstable,
> that would work (and also render the above package installation requests
> unnecessary). I'm open to any other suggestions.
There is no squeeze on alpha, so there is no mlton package in squeeze on
merulo's apt-get in sid now segfaults on apt-get update, after having
read the squeeze packages list once. Nothing brings it back to live.
all the other chroots are now fucked because we did as you asked, and
for some reason it wants to bring in mlton-doc:
| The following NEW packages will be installed:
| The following packages have been kept back:
| 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
| Need to get 3531 kB of archives.
| After this operation, 7926 kB of additional disk space will be used.
| Get:1 http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ sid/main mlton-doc sparc 20100608-3 [3531 kB]
| Fetched 3531 kB in 5s (613 kB/s)
| debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
| Selecting previously deselected package mlton-doc.
| (Reading database ... 141241 files and directories currently installed.)
| Unpacking mlton-doc (from .../mlton-doc_20100608-3_sparc.deb) ...
| dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mlton-doc_20100608-3_sparc.deb (--unpack):
| trying to overwrite '/usr/share/doc-base/mlton', which is also in package mlton 20100608-2
| configured to not write apport reports
| dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
I think we won't be doing anything like that again any time soon.
> PS. I could not determine which mailing list is haunted by the ftp-masters.
ftpmaster can be reached at email@example.com. debian-admin is debian
admin (aka DSA).
> If debian-admin is wrong, please forward it.
| .''`. ** Debian **
Peter Palfrader | : :' : The universal
http://www.palfrader.org/ | `. `' Operating System
| `- http://www.debian.org/