Re: MBF alert: packages with very long source / .deb filenames

Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
> >>Why's that? Isn't UDF widely supported?
> >
> > Implementations often widely differ in their limitations - see the
> > Wikipedia page for more details. The suggested way to make a safe UDF
> > DVD is often along the lines of "use the ISO9660 bridge format". :-(
>
> That's not our problem, is it?

It is, if we are trying to be as compatible as possible.

What about keeping the first cd/dvd/bd as compatible as possible, and
not worrying about the subsequent ones? As mentioned, and mirror seeding
would have to be synced anyway.

--
John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@debian.org
                                                                 http  ((((