Re: Cross compiler ITP (armel)

Philipp Kern <trash@philkern.de> writes:

> On 2011-03-23, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
>> Also does the testing transition consider the Built-Using? If I specify
>> 'Built-Using: gcc-4.5 (= 4.5.2-5)' will the package be blocked from
>> entering testing until gcc-4.5 (= 4.5.2-5) has entered and block gcc-4.5
>> (= 4.5.2-5) from being replaced from testing?
>
> It doesn't need to.  All we want is compliance on the archive side so that the
> sources are not expired away, as long as that binary is carried in a suite.
> No need to involve britney at that point.
>
> Kind regards
> Philipp Kern

Not quite. For ia32-libs it would be nice if ia32-libs could be blocked
from testing as long as the source packages it includes aren't in
testing. Currently that is solved by building against testing in the
first palce. But that is something we can live with.

As a side note the debian-cd package needs to also consider Built-Using
when creating source images. Will the Sources.gz file list multiple
entries for a source if multiple versions are relevant?

MfG
        Goswin