Re: potential MBF: first alternate depends not available in main

"Bernhard R. Link" <brlink@debian.org> wrote:
* Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> [110317 22:10]: > My metric here is clearly the functionality for the user. Being able to modify it or get help with the package (which needs people being able and willing to look at the source and fix problems) is a very important part of functionality of the user. > If not having free (as in speech) source is a problem then do not add > non-free to your sources.list. That metric should not decide the order > of depends. Just because there is one package confining what you do needs to be installed for whatever reason you no longer have a right to get helpful packages? Bernhard R. Link -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org Archive: [🔎] 20110318104747.GA28178@pcpool00.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 20110318104747.GA28178@pcpool00.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de

Not at all, but we should trust maintainers to use their judgement on this and not enforce a one size fits all policy across the project.

Scott K