Re: Re: Mirror problems?

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> wrote:

> Seeing how many mirrors are affected, either the apt change should be
> reverted or the list of mirrors should be updated to pinpoint those that
> are known to work correctly ; or both.

What about this: apt downloads both Release/Release.gpg and InRelease.
If InRelease is old then it should use Release/Release.gpg and warn
the user that their mirror is buggy and that they should contact the
mirror operator. Then on the Debian website we should have a way for
users to find out how to contact their mirror operator.

What was the reason for adding InRelease anyway?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise