RE: Process to adopt moribund packages?

> Contacting the current maintainer should IMO always be the (obvious) first
> step - if you feel the package is neglected, ask if he would mind if you'd
> take over.

The reason I think it's been abandoned is that there's been a more recent upstream
version for about two and a half years now.

I've tried to make contact directly, but it's only been a week so far.

Thanks for everyone's help. I now understand the MIA process, and will follow that
if I don't get any response.