Re: Removal of wanna-build from sbuild

On 2011-03-10, Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> wrote:
>> buildd in unstable was severely broken for ages, because the packages
>> weren't at all tested after heavy refactorings (and still aren't
>> because the maintainer doesn't have a test setup).  wanna-build will
>> have suffered the same fate.
> The main sticking point for me being able to properly test buildd is
> that is requires a functional wanna-build setup to do so.  And
> setting one up is decidedly non-trivial.  wanna-build.git is unusable
> without all the extra support scripts on grieg, and the schema files
> are broken.  I was not able to set up a working wanna-build environment.

schema/wanna-build.sql is auto-exported from the database nowadays,
so it should be useable.  (Apart from a few problems with roles that
might be buildd.d.o-specific.)

> What I'm thinking of doing here is writing a "fake" wanna-build that
> can emulate the real one.  To the extent that e.g. --list=3Dneeds-build
> can return a list of packages to build.  This would allow buildd
> testing in the absence of a full wanna-build setup.  Again, it needs
> time to do.  Any help here would be appreciated.

For building you only need to output this:

$ wanna-build --database=amd64/build-db --user=buildd_amd64-thrall --list=needs-build --dist=unstable-rebuild
libs/libinfinity_0.4.2-2 [optional:uncompiled:calprio{27}:days{0}]
Total 1 package(s)
$ wanna-build --database=amd64/build-db --user=buildd_amd64-thrall -v --dist=unstable-rebuild libinfinity_0.4.2-2
wanna-build Revision: db181a534e9d for sid-rebuild on amd64
- libinfinity:
    - status: ok
    - pkg-ver: libinfinity_0.4.2-2
$ wanna-build --database=amd64/build-db --user=buildd_amd64-thrall --built --dist=unstable-rebuild libinfinity_0.4.2-2
$

buildd-mail issues more commands, but most don't have any output, AIUI.

buildd configuration can be distilled out of [1].

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/docs/buildd-setup.txt