Automatic debug packages

Hi,

I browsed a little bit in the goals which were planned for squeeze and noticed
that the debug packages aka ddebs[1] weren't implemented in the debian
infrastructure. I thought that many things happened [2] and there were also
some wrappers implemented [3] to automatically generate those packages. Even a
project as part of google summer of code 2009 was finished and its result were
published [4]. But it seems that none of it is really accepted.

What is the direction we should follow for Wheezy[5]? Should we remove our
special -dbg packages or at least stop to create new -dbg packages?

Kind regards,
Emil

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/AutomaticDebugPackages
[2] http://debug.debian.net/
[3] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pkg-create-dbgsym
[4] http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2009-
debian/downloads/detail?name=Emilio_PozueloMonfort.tar.bz2&can=2&q=
[5] http://release.debian.org/wheezy/goals.txt