Re: Using Git to maintain many small packages in a team?

Le 06/03/2011 11:12, Lucas Nussbaum a écrit :
> In the pkg-ruby-extras team, we are considering switching from
> svn-buildpackage to git.
>
> Does someone has feedback on this switch, in the context of teams
> maintaining many small packages?

We did that a few years back in the OCaml team, and it worked pretty
well. We sucessfully converted (almost) all of our
svn-buildpackage-managed packages to git (using git-buildpackage) [1].

> Specifically, I'm looking for a way to easy track all of the team's
> repositories, update them all, etc. It seems that the Debian Games team
> uses mr (according to http://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS). Are there
> alternatives worth considering?

We are also using mr, plus a script to generate an mrconfig for the team
[2].

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/OCamlTaskForce/GitMigration
[2]
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/pkg-ocaml-maint/trunk/projects/git-guide/d-o-m-mrconfig.sh?revision=6471&view=markup