Re: potential MBF: first alternate depends not available in main

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:28 PM, Carsten Hey <carsten@debian.org> wrote:

>> But, anyway, I believe that the first depends of an alternate depends relation
>> should be available in main and propose to file bugs about this.
>>
>> Do you agree this warrants a mass bug filing? I couldn't find this written out
>> in policy ...
>
> If the is a consensus, it could be added to the developer's reference or the policy.

Debian Policy section 2.2.1 already covers this:

...the package must not declare a "Depends", "Recommends", or
"Build-Depends" relationship on a non-main package.

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-main

--
bye,
pabs