Re: potential MBF: first alternate depends not available in main

Hi Ian,

On Dienstag, 1. März 2011, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Would it be possible to make piuparts cope by ignoring dependencies
> which are not available in the target suite ?

sure - patches welcome ;-)

But... that's not as easy as one would wish. Look
at /piupartslib/dependencyparser.py and at the Package and PackagesDB classes
from piupartslib/packagesdb.py...

Actually, I think it's really hard to change the code to cope as it's also far
from trivial to use another dependency parser, esp. for master-slave mode.

But still, while this is definitly a bug in piuparts, what do you think about
the topic in subject?

> That would make it easier to test against a different suite to the one
> intended, too.

Why? A suite should be self contained. (Or, explicitly "support" other suites
like security supports main.)

cheers,
	Holger