Re: Aren't there any checks in place to prevent a package from becoming uninstallable?

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> BF> Why is Auntie Nelda using the unstable repository? Is she
> BF> comfortable running an OS from a repository with no promises about
> BF> stability? If not, who advised her to do that?
>
> Let's find out,
> http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=auntie+nelda
> http://www.youtube.com/jidanni2#p/c/6E40919035151385/6/Tp8XcAKYsKo
> :-)

Okay. I take it, then, that the “Auntie Nelda uses Debian unstable” use
case, in addition to being fictional, is not something any Debian
maintainer needs to consider.

--
 \         “I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” |
  `\                             —Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943 |