Re: Aren't there any checks in place to prevent a package from becoming uninstallable?

jidanni@jidanni.org writes:

> Well OK, but can't the package owners get a friendly mail once a day
> "yoo hoo Holmes, your package is now broken"

They can monitor the package's QA page.

> lest they relax at the beach totally unaware one day Auntie Nelda
> might suddenly have the urge to use their package in a hurry?

Why is Auntie Nelda using the unstable repository? Is she comfortable
running an OS from a repository with no promises about stability? If
not, who advised her to do that?

--
 \       “We must find our way to a time when faith, without evidence, |
  `\    disgraces anyone who would claim it.” —Sam Harris, _The End of |