Re: Release file changes

#include <hallo.h>
* Joey Hess [Mon, Feb 21 2011, 05:32:00PM]:
> Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > Yep. debmirror, reprepro, debootstrap and cdebootstrap seem to be the
> > tools that can't deal with this. The latter two are serious enough to
> > keep the change away from oldstable forever, and stable at least until
> > after next point release, should they get updated there.
>
> It's also desirable that stable's debootstrap be able to bootstrap
> unstable chroots.

I don't like this change either because users of my apt-cacher-ng daemon
might use the stable version for unstable archives. Without installing a
backport version that will be fun.

Do we really need to drop the MD5 version? It's less than 20KiB which we
are talking about.

> Also, it seems like the Releases file is already including sha1 and
> sha256 for all the d-i files.

Nope. Those Release files in debian-installer subdir are just stubs and
don't contain checksum information. And there was nothing for
installer-$ARCH subdirs and the image files therein. Instead, there are
MD5SUMS files there which were not covered by signatures in the main
Release file.

Regards,
Eduard.

--
<Alfie> Du kannst mit mir machen, was du willst. Ihr hab mich schließlich
	gekauft. :)