Re: Upstream "stable" branches and Debian freeze

]] Samuel Thibault

Hi,

| His question could be rephrased: will the 6.0.x updates be allowed to
| pick up new upstream "stable" fixes releases?

While I can't speak for the release team (neither the stable or the
«regular» one), I know that postgresql stable releases are generally
allowed into new stable releases, since they're about as picky and
conservative as we are with regards to what the backport to their stable
branches.

So, I think this depends on what the policy for the upstream branch is.
If it's just important fixes, it might be.  If it's a random mix of new
features, bug fixes and so on, it's less likely.

Best regards,
--
Tollef Fog Heen