Re: Cedilla removed from sid, users complain

Hi Juliusz,

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:09:43 +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
> Thanks to both of you -- I've forwarded your messages to my (soon-to-be
> former, sigh) users.

There is always the option of either recruiting one of those disappointed
users to maintain the package, or doing it yourself.

It seems that there are no outstanding bugs against the package, so
there should be no problem with using the existing package, and I see
that 0.6 is still the current version so I presume that it's not a fast
moving package, so should really only need uploads as bugs are reported,
or once every release to keep up with relevant policy changes.

This is one route into debian:

  http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/maintainer-intro

I'd imagine that Luca would be willing to hold your hand for the first
upload if that helps (assuming that he's still up to speed on the
package).  Luca?

It seems a shame to lose a bug-free package when you apparently have
users that are going to miss it.

Cheers, Phil.