Re: Safe File Update (atomic)

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 01:05:03AM +0100, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> Why is it that you ignore all my responses to technical questions you asked?

In general, because they are either (a) not well-formed, or (b) you
are asking me to prove a negative.  Getting people to believe that you
can't square a circle[1] is very hard, and when I was one of the
postmasters at MIT, we'd get kooks every so often saying that they had
a proof that they could square the circle, but everyone was being
unfair and ignoring them, and could we please forward this to the head
of MIT's math department with their amazing discovery.  We learned a
long time ago that it's not worth trying to argue with kooks like
that.  It's like trying teaching a pig to sing.  It frustrates you,
and it annoys the pig.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squaring_the_circle

If you give me a specific approach, I can tell you why it won't work,
or why it won't be accepted by the kernel maintainers (for example,
because it involves pouring far too much complexity into the kernel).
But for me to list all possible approaches and tell you why each one
is not going to work?  You'll have to pay me before I'm willing to
invest that kind of time.

Best regards,

					- Ted