Re: Full install/removal/upgrade test results available

Hi Lucas,

On Mittwoch, 17. November 2010, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I'm looking for people willing to work on such tools and mass bug
> filings (that also include archive rebuilds). I'm getting a bit tired of
> working on that myself, and might stop after squeeze.

Understandable.

Please dont stop! :-)

I'd still like to work together with you, but its a bit hard, with two
different tools now...

> Also, for proper credits, I should say that the results were obtained
> using the Grid'5000 platform. Testing the ~28300 packages in squeeze
> took ~12 hours using 20 compute nodes. The performance suffered greatly
> from the dpkg sync/fsync issues, even if I'm running the tests on tmpfs,
> because I'm swapping a bit, so sync() requires swapping in some data.
> I'll have to investigate how to work around that.

I've heard that "apt-get install eatmydata ; eatmydata piuparts $options" will
help greatly, I haven't yet actually tried myself though.

> Full dd-list (binary packages):
> Holger Levsen <holger@debian.org>

Ups, thanks! Will take a look now.

cheers,