screenshots.d.n (was: Misc Developer News (#24))

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 01:45:22PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 07:14:41PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > Currently packages.d.o does not know if a package has a screenshot or
> > not. To do that it would need to regularly download the screenshots
> > metadata and make use of it. Patches welcome if anyone wants to
> > implement it.

Proposed by mail to Christoph (but not in a bug tracker, my bad):
http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2010/08/msg00164.html

Making a http redirect to a single picture an screenshots.d.n end would
increase speed (and it's possible since screenshots.d.n knows itself wheter a
picture is available or not).

> I have no idea how packages.d.o is implemented but if it would be based
> on the information in UDD the information about screenshots is there.

It's a static link to
http://screenshots.debian.net/thumbnail-with-version/${pkg_bin}/${version}

--
Simon Paillard